Sunday, June 16, 2013

father's day

For the better part of a year Leif has been a stay-at-home dad to our now almost two year old.  While I am at work during the week he takes her to museums and parks and the zoo.  They visit her friends and go on hikes nearly every day.  He fixes her breakfast, lunch, and dinner with all the snacks in between.  When her face is full of sticky-messies from PB&J he washes her clean.  He makes her say please and thank you.  Then there are the diaper changes and the clothes changes, both of which seem never ending.  He knows the name of every single one of her stuffed animals.  When I come home from work chances are he will be in her room where they are "going on a hike" or taking a very sick Buntu to  the doctor's office.

He is amazing.










Here's the entire clan, celebrating Father's Day with a hike and a picnic afterward.  The only thing missing from the day was my family.  I missed celebrating with my own dad today.  He is amazing too.  I'ma pretty lucky lady.


2 comments:

  1. I agree wholeheartedly. Leif is a pretty incredible human being.

    Stella just said, in regards to you guys coming, "I WISH I COULD SLEEP UNTIL THEY GET HERE!"

    She was dead serious.

    Let's do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! And can I just say . . . you guys are one incredibly good looking family!!!

    ReplyDelete