Sunday, July 14, 2013

sunday sweets: rice pudding and currant syrup

Sunday Sweets has taken a back seat to other activities during the weekend.  I would like to say that our diets have benefited from this but just because I haven't been making dessert as often doesn't mean we haven't been eating it.

The last dessert I made was a couple of weekends ago.  We went berry picking (yes, again) at Smith Berry Farm and came home with a combination of currants, raspberries, logan berries, and cherries (which is not a berry, I know).  The raspberries and logan berries went straight into my mouth a banana bread but what to do with the currants was kind of a head scratcher for me.





What does one usually do with currants, anyway?  I really didn't know and so I opted to make a simple syrup.  Then, of course, I was like- what does one do with currant syrup?

In my case?  But that sweet and tangy deliciousness on rice pudding.  Huzzah.



Rice pudding recipe from here.

Currant syrup recipe from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment